Day 27 – Love Yourself!
I (Dr. Diana) grew up with the false belief that my value was linked to my body size. For years I thought myself fat and worried about gaining weight. It took years to realize how hurtful this way of thinking was to me. Making peace with how I looked was an important step in my own journey of health…
The final ingredient for healthy weight loss is how you look at yourself and your weight problem. In many ways this is the most important ingredient. If you don’t like yourself, and, in particular, dislike your own body, you are likely to keep sabotaging your own health and weight loss efforts. Please understand that this is not necessarily intentional. Your subconscious mind believes what it is fed. If you constantly berate your own body and put yourself down, your subconscious mind will work to keep you in this place. You may lose weight but you won’t be able to keep it off!
To change your attitude, you need to first let go of the past. Recognize your wounds, forgive others as well as yourself and begin with a clean slate. The next step is to begin the process of believing in yourself and loving your own body. When you accept and appreciate your own body, just as it is, your outlook changes and you will be more motivated to care for yourself and strive for optimal health. Dealing with deeper issues is not always easy but for permanent weight loss, it is essential.
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. ~ Steve Jobs
- Journal what you like most about yourself - include physical attributes.
- Ask those who care about you to share what they like best about you.
- Every day find at least 3 things to be grateful for.
- One of the best ways to love your body is to take care of it. Congratulate yourself on taking time to be on this journey of 28 days and for all the healthy lifestyle changes you have made through the past few weeks.
- If you struggle with unresolved negative emotional issues consider seeking help from a medical professional or clinical psychologist.